Friday, January 5, 2007

COOL RACING STRIPES




I have been in love with the racing stripes since the FORD GT (remember the blue and white - which in the 80s gave ferrari a run for its money) Anyway, I always wanted offset racing stripes but i havent come across many cars that can carry offset stripes so I chose the center stripes. So here is what i did very recently (no points for guessing which car is mine, No its not the DODGE Viper - i wish it were). And coincidently my neighbor who also had a a bright red parked next to mine - it was nice to take a 'relative' picture. While my bright red continues to be bright and very red - I added a dash of white stripes to give a little personality to the "bad boy". As I mentioned in my previous post that i wanted a red mini cooper with whites strips and i couldn't get it for obvious reasons -

a. lack of availability in the local market
b. the cost factor (this is more of a factor :) - but what the heck..)

so i got my stripes from (http://www.edecals.com/Flags/rallyst.htm?source=home) and these guys do a good job. I got them made to my cars specifications. Mind you custom service doesn't come cheap :P). You can also get them from http://www.mightystripes.com/. Application is pretty smooth and simple.




Anyway, while you look at this and share your pics - i am scouting for more cool stuff for my swift...

2 comments:

vik said...

I would love to get some feedback on this. pls let me know you are having trouble with the fonts, color of the background (in the spirit of BRIGHT RED :)) and color of hyperlinks

Anonymous said...

thats cool stuff vik. good blog... cheers